In general, people are getting married to someone of the opposite sex and they may even have children from that marriage. But if you realize that you are bi or gay, you can’t even hide it no longer at all in your life.
Probably, you just come out as bi to your parents and then know what you are going through; because you had to go through it as well. At this state, you have to discuss with your parents who are staying together since the kid’s stage.
In reality, the children are not at all hypercritical for this. The fact is that many of the younger children can accept their gay parents without any issues, but how many parents are accepting the bi children?
Suddenly, the world has closed turning and your life changed everlastingly, when your child has just calmly told you that he or she is bi. This is a situation that can be experienced by hundreds of parents in these days. But, as a parent you should understand how you handle it. One of the most essential things is that your response be very honest and does not even make unfriendly them.
The parents who were heard this news like ‘I am bi mum and dad’, their dreams were instantly devastated. In such case, the typical thoughts are going through in parent’s mind. Whatever runs via your mind, you must remember the following things include:
- This is fully about your child, not about you
- Offer them an opportunity to talk to you
- Understand that being bi is not a decision your child made
- Release that no matter how liberal a household you run
- Do not question their certainty of their sexuality
- Help your child
Things to consider before coming out as bi to your parents
As a bi before coming out to your parents, you should remember the following important things such as:
- All parents are unique; because some parents are reacted silently and others can’t quite
- You just want them to love you. Right now, you know what you want and also you do not want them to jump for pleasure. Their minds are running with a billion thoughts, so you have to decide whether it is the right time to reveal or not?
- All parents are the same; because they always need what is the best for you. So, no parents are ready to accept or tolerate this at first
- You can have that protest fence. Of course, this is a difficult point to sell, if you are in an unhappy location, where it is unlawful or simply pure serious
- Be strong always. If you are a bi, frankly tell your parents you are bisexual and will be quiet
Really, your child coming out as bi to parents is not a bad thing, which could happen to you. Instead, it opens up a latest set of challenges that you can overcome together.